I made this Thai zucchini stir fry for dinner the other night and Richard loved it! I had made a similar raw version previously, but I wanted to experiment with making it into a stir fry.
It’s a super simple weeknight meal, and I love any opportunity to use my vegetable spiralizer! Whole Foods does sell some vegetables pre-spiralized, so if you don’t have one, you can still make this! But a spiralizer is a great investment, you can do so much with it!
Thai Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Serves: 1-2
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil (or oil or preference)
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 large carrot, spiralized (or you can buy shredded carrots from the store)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, diced
- ¼ cup of green onions, diced
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, diced
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil, zucchini noodles, and carrot noodles. Flash stir fry for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove noodles and place in large bowl along with bell peppers, bean sprouts, fresh cilantro, green onions, and spicy peanut sauce. Toss till all noodles are coated.
Serve and garnish with sesame seeds.